We believe we can transform the immigration system by working alongside our grantees as partners in our mission. The initiative offers grant partners the opportunity to be part of a wider cohort for change through convening and shared learning.
Our commitment to our grant partners
- Listen and be guided by their input and experience.
- Respond to the needs expressed by people with lived and learned experience of the immigration system.
- Provide funding that allows organisations flexibility to address threats and opportunities
- Meet the costs of participating in the initiative including travel to convenings.
- Offer additional support including clinical supervision for advice partners, development and understanding of racial justice principles and creation of data collection methods.
What we expect from our grant partners
- Participation in learning and networking events convened by the initiative.
- Willingness to work alongside others in the sector and the initiative.
- A commitment to developing organisational work and strategies in partnership with people with lived experience of the immigration system.
- Development and implementation of an anti–racist approach.
- For advice partners, willingness to work with the initiative on collecting key data and sharing with influencing partners (where appropriate).
- For influencing partners, willingness to respond to evidence emerging from other grant partners about needs and priorities for change.